Vintage Haul

Yesterday I popped down to Peterborough Town Hall to visit Lou Lou's Vintage Fair. As a vintage fanatic, a collection of rooms full to the brim of vintage clothing and other vintage nik naks was just paradise, and it was a spiffing opportunity to rummage through lots of lovely pieces and unleash my inner granny.

Lou Lou's Vintage Fair is the number one vintage fair in the UK and it stops off at so many locations up and down the country. Each fair features 30-100 of the best vintage traders in the UK, selling bits and bobs from back in the 1940's right through to the 1990's. It costs just £2 per person to get in and although I had to queue for just over 10 minutes to get in (it was very popular), it was completely worth it.

Despite the temptation to completely empty my purse and pick up lots of lovely new things, I managed to rein myself in and only buy 3 items - one item of clothing and two jewellery pieces.


Firstly I brought this stunning oversized vintage running t-shirt, with a tie-front. You don't see enough vintage pieces that are really for casual wear so I couldn't give the opportunity to purchase a beauty like this a miss could I? I really love the usa-style sports tops and it's so nice to find one that isn't your stereotypical american football jersey style top. This is definitely going to be a top I'll get a lot of use out of, and in my head I'm already planning out all the things I can pair it with.



I brought it from a lovely vintage trader running a business called "Marneys Vintage" and they had some amazing pieces that I found it so hard to tear myself away from (I especially loved the mens shirts they'd chopped away at and turned into dresses - if I had had more money on me I would have definitely picked up a fair few). You can find their ebay store here. All of their gorgeous pieces are so affordable and I'd definitely recommend you go have a little nosey around their store, if you're a fellow vintage lover. Let me know if you get any good finds!


Next I popped over to a stall selling slightly more modern, yet equally stunning jewellery pieces. My eyes immediately went to the beautiful rings they had to offer and I couldn't resist buying one or two.


The first of the two rings I brought is a lovely very dainty small rose ring. Believe it or not, this ring was only £3, which was a complete bargain, as the likes of Topshop and Miss Selfridge would probably sell an item like this for a fair few pounds more. This ring is adjustable, which is fab if, like me, you have teeny tiny fingers and normally struggle to find rings in small enough sizes to fit you. I fell in love with this beauty of a ring as soon as I saw it and it's going to be well loved.


The second ring I brought is on a larger, and slightly grander, scale and it depicts, in an sort of  victorian-esque style, the profile of a lady. It has beautiful detailing around the outside of the ring, which reminds me slightly of a tudor rose, but I'm not entirely sure why. As with the other ring, it's adjustable and cost only £3 - another bargain. This ring is much more of a statement ring, but I love it just as much as the other ring and I can see it being equally as well loved.

After I'd got my share of vintage joy I popped over to T K Maxx to have a browse of all the lovely clothes in their 'Mod Box' section. Mod Box always has lots of lovely pieces with a bit of a vintage style to them and I always struggle to resist the temptation to buy multiple items, but luckily for my bank account, this was something I managed yesterday.


I picked up this beautiful black and white patterned dress for £11.00 (reduced from around £16.00 I think but I'm not too sure how much the discount was). It has a lovely buttoned collar, very similar to that of a shirt, and its shape really accentuates natural curves, which is a big tick from me.



So those were all my vintage esque finds from yesterday. If you like reading posts with a bit of a vintage theme, let me know because I'd love to feature them more frequently.

If you're a fellow vintage fan, I'd really reccomend you go have a nosey at the website of Lou Lou's Vintage Fair to see when and where there's one near you, and try your best to go along - you'll love it. In March they'll be visiting locations all over the UK, so you'll be sure to find one to fit your whereabouts. Just make sure you have lots of pennies to spend though, as trust me, you'll need them.

Have you brought anything vintage recently?


6 comments:

  1. You sure know where to shop for a good bargin! I am in love with the rings, they are gorgeous. Xx

    razmataz-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they? I was so lucky with the bargains I got, normally I'm not half as lucky x

      Delete
  2. You got some lovely pieces Chloe, I wish I had a tshirt like that :p Lou Lou's vintage fair comes to sheffield too I love it cause you always find something really unique, I go with my sister and she always comes back with at least 5 skirts from Gracie Airs :)

    EmmiHearts

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many lovely unique pieces at the the fair, it was so hard to not have a huge splurge x

      Delete
  3. Chloe you have brilliant taste! I love them all, although the dress is particularly lovely! Lauryn xxx


    www.laurynsnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so lovely isn't it? Definitely a new favourite of mine x

      Delete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS